Upper West Side studio
with immediate need for
Location: 214 W85th Street, Lower Level - New York, NY 10024
Date Posted: 03/13/2012
Well established, inviting, and busy Upper West Side studio has immediate need for certified Pilates instructors. From day one, you will not want for clients and will have the immediate opportunity for a full slate of sessions and classes. There are many shifts available, but we would rather not piece meal together our schedule with many trainers. Our preference is to build long term relationships with a few select trainers who can demonstrate passion not just for the technique of Pilates, but also the arts of instruction and customer service.
We are not dogmatic about any one Pilates certifying body over another and have a diverse staff certified through STOTT, Balanced Body, Kane, Power, and others. The studio features Peak PilateSystem Deluxe (reformer/convertible cadillac & mat).
We are also owned and managed by a team of highly entrepreneurial women and so we welcome and encourage instructor candidates who envision themselves on a similar entrepreneurial path. We have much we could share in terms of mentorship as well as long term opportunities for growth. We work exceptionally hard everyday to ensure this is a place where instructors don’t just come to work. This is a place for instructors to feel at home and call their own.
• 2-4 years experience in a studio or instructor environment
• Current Reformer and Mat certification from a nationally recognized Pilates training program
• Additional specialized apparatus and populations training preferred.
• Able to teach group classes (apparatus and mat) as well as private and semi-private sessions
• Ability to commit to at least 20 hours a week across multiple AM, PM, and weekend shifts.
• Knowledge of MindBody Software a plus
• Knoweldge and experience with Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis methods
• We offer competitive and experience-based pay with specific paths towards pay increases
• You will work as an independant contractor (1099 tax status)
• You must carry your own professional and general liability insurance
• Additional benefits like free classes and reduced rate session services available
How to Apply:
Please provide resume, rate requirements, and a photo or headshot. Respond via email to to email@example.com (please no calls to the studio).